Fans of the Assassins Creed series are almost at the end of their wait. Ubisoft’s latest installment of their hit franchise, Assassins Creed: Origins, is set to be released October 27th and the details of the post launch content have just been announced. Players who purchase the Gold Edition will receive all content in the Season Pass. If would like to check out the game before you make the investment you can purchase the Season Pass separately.
The Assassin’s Creed Origins Season Pass includes:
- DLC 1 – The Hidden Ones: This story-driven expansion builds upon the growth of the Brotherhood, taking players to a point years after the events of Assassin’s Creed Origins, as they clash with an occupying Roman force in a new region. This expansion will extend the level cap, allowing players to keep on making their character progress. Available in January, 2018.
- DLC 2 – The Curse of the Pharaohs: In this story-driven expansion focusing on Egyptian mythology, players will fight against undead pharaohs and explore a new, mystical realm. During their journey, players will encounter famed Egyptian beasts such as Anubis warriors, scorpions and more, as they investigate the cause of the curse that has brought the dead pharaohs back to life. The Curse of the Pharaohs will increase the level cap further and introduce brand new Abilities. Available in March, 2018.
- The Roman Centurion and Horus Packs: Two exclusive add-on packs including a new outfit, weapons, shield and mount. Available in November, 2017.
- A package of 500 Helix Credits: Available at the launch of the game.
- An exclusive rare weapon, the Calamity Blade. Available at the launch of the game.
There will also be plenty of free content coming for players when the game is released and after launch as well. Including an educational mode where players can learn more though guided tours coming in 2018.
Free Content Includes:
- The Trials of the Gods: Epic boss battles against Egyptian gods that take place during special timed events – victorious players will receive prestigious rewards. The first Trial of the Gods event will be available 15 days after the launch of the game.
- The Nomad’s Bazaar: A wandering merchant gives players daily quests to complete in order to earn mysterious exotic rewards. Available at the launch of the game.
- Photo Mode: Players will be able to capture and share the beauty of the Egyptian landscape and indulge their inner wildlife photographer while discovering in-game pictures taken by other players. Available at the launch of the game.
- Horde Mode: Players will fight endless waves of enemies in the Gladiator Arena. They will be able to compare their scores with their friends and challenge them asynchronously. Available in early 2018.
- Discovery Tour: This new educational mode turns the world of Assassin’s Creed Origins into a combat-free living museum and will give everyone the opportunity to learn more about Ancient Egypt through guided tours curated by historians and Egyptologists. Available early 2018.
Assassins Creed: Origins is looking to be a new start for the franchise. Boasting a new combat system, with plenty of beautiful ancient weapons and terrifying foes to eliminate. Players will also have an entire country to explore with plenty of tombs to plunder, factions to take on, and unpredictable weather to face. Ubisoft has promised fans this will be an Assassins Creed like no other. And though it does look promising so far, in the end the gamers will be the ones who decide how the game holds up against is predecessors.