A brand-new expansion is in the works for Paradox Interactive’s acclaimed World War II strategy simulation, Hearts of Iron IV, focusing upon the ideological division that wracked the country throughout the course of the war.
Titled Hearts of Iron IV: Waking the Tiger, this brand-new expansion will focus upon the Chinese front – the very first front to develop during the Second World War. Japan’s imperialists have set their sights on conquering the newly-formed Chinese Republic, taking advantage of the country’s ideological division. Thanks to the introduction of new National Focuses dedicated to Nationalist and Communist China, you can guide the fledgling republic through an alternate reinterpretation of history that could save, or even unite the fractured nation.
Featuring in the up-coming Hearts of Iron IV: Waking the Tiger also include:
- Chinese National Focuses: Divided and under threat, China has great reserves of manpower and diplomatic flexibility.
- Chain of Command System: Use field marshals to unite your forces and take advantage of the many skills of the generals under their direction.
- Decisions and Missions: Historical decisions and national missions give you a brand-new place to spend hard-earned Political Power.
- General Traits and Abilities: Unlock powerful abilities via the new Generals’ traits system, adding additional layers of flexibility and creativity.
- Updated Japanese Focus Tree: More in-depth Asian campaign and alternate history paths, including restoring Civilian Government or allying with the feared Soviets.
- Updated German Focus Tree: New historical alternatives for Germany, including the chance to replace Hitler with the exiled Kaiser, or lead a democratic Germany against Stalin.
- Acclimatisation: As your troops gain experience, they will learn how to survive in the desert or harsh winters, giving these veterans an edge on the battlefield.
- And More: Capture battlefield equipment, and an enhanced air war system that has room for Volunteer air wings.
Hearts of Iron IV: Waking the Tiger will be available for a suggested retail price of £15.49 or $19.99, and is currently available for pre-order from the Official Paradox Store.
For more on Hearts of Iron IV: Waking the Tiger as well as other upcoming expansion packs, stay tuned to CubedGamers.com.